Tuesday 26 March 2013

The Best And Worst Of MUA


MUA is a controversial brand within the blogging community and i know it's a love hate company with so many bloggers feeling strongly about the products,so i thought i'd do this post showing you some of what i think are MUA's hits and misses.
MUA Lipsticks
Mua has 14 lipsticks in their £1 range. Unfortunately not many are shades i'd usually go for but saying that the colour's i do have i love especially the shade on the left(number 14-bare)Which is just a lovely everyday lipstick-this stays in my makeup bag permanently!
The formulas are fab and they last on the lips at least a couple of hours.You can't go wrong with the £1 price tag!
Heaven And Earth Palette 
Best palette ever! I'm a neutral eye shadow kinda girl and when i do reach for eye shadow this is my go to palette.You can totally tell which ones my fave!

MUA Loveheart Lip balm 
This is in the shade great lips.I haven't really reached for this too much but its such i pretty colour think i might put it in my handbag and force myself to use it!

Intense Colour Eyeliner Pencil
This eyeliners nothing special but it is my everyday eyeliner of choice.Cheap,cheerful,pigmented and lasts all day. Can't complain for £1.

Mega Volume Mascara 
For £3 I think this mascara does a pretty decent job,it's not something to rave about about but for a cheap mascara it does what it's meant to!

MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist-£5.00
I found this product really doesn't make a difference to how long my makeup lasts& i do find when you use it a large burst of spray comes out and leaves my makeup sticky for the rest of the day.



Pro-Brow Ultimate Eyebrow Kit £3.50
The colour selection isn't great and i deffo wouldn't had bought it had i known what colour's were inside as sadly neither of them match my eyebrows but this would be perfect for someone who has the exact shade!

Pro-Base Kit In Porcelain Beige £3.50
The concealer & highlighting cream aren't amazing but the blush on the other hand is such a pretty colour and as i've been into cream blushes lately this is perfect and it gives such a natural flush to the cheeks.

Primer £4.00
I love this primer! It's so smooth and velvety to apply.
I think this is my fifth tube so far-definitely one of my holy grail products and i urge any one with normal-to dry skin to give this a try!
If you want to read more i have a review HERE

Matte Foundation £2.00
I found this to be an MUA miss as the foundation is very sticky when applying and even after the skin has been powered.


MUA Nail Polishes 
Lastly i have 4 mua nail polishes to tell you about.I haven't tried anything from the £1 range but i absolutely adore the love hearts nail collection.
I need to buy the final pale yellow to finish the collection.
the formula is great and they can easily last 5 days looking great!

What Have You Tried From MUA?
What do do think are MUA hits and misses?



10 comments:

  1. i love the primer to i think it's the best value for money primer out there!
    great post

    beauty%bows

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review of the brand! It's great to know what to look for and what to avoid - even with such a cheap brand there's no sense in wasting money x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review Aimee - I know whats a hit and a miss now!

    xXx

    follow me too?
    ohsogawjess.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont own too much from this brand since Im in Canada just what has been sent to me. This post will help with some up coming swaps Im doing:) xx

    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review!

    http://everydayrachel21.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've not tried any MUA products (where have I been?!!) but I need a new primer and eyeshadow kit so for those prices I might have to give them a go!

    Thanks for following!

    Photo-Jenn-ic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love MUA eyeshadow palettes! Such good colours and quality for the price! xx

    emilyjaneosborne.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I haven't used much from MUA but I want to try those nail varnishes now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love MUA, I think they are amazing quality for the price. I also got the Heaven and Earth palette and the Brow kit, I used them all the time xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love MUA! Their Undress Me Too palette is my current fave!

    xoxo

    http://dollfaceblogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

leave your blog link with your comment& I'll be sure to look at it! x